Not all Supplements are Equal
The equine supplement market is extensive and can be quite intimidating at times when trying to decipher which supplement best meets our horse’s needs. Not just for the benefit of our horse’s health, but also for the health of our bank balance it is important to make informed decisions when deciding on both the type and brand of supplement.
Below are points that will help you in making the correct choice when deciding on which supplement to use:
- Are you choosing a brand name that is recognised? Look for products manufactured by established companies that clearly state on packaging and marketing material where the products are manufactured.
- Is the product manufactured in a licenced and approved facility?
- Does the company have a direct line to speak to a qualified equine nutritionist so advise can be sought?
- What safety checks are in place to ensure any possible contamination is controlled?
5. Are there scientific research papers, trials and/or data available to support the ingredients listed within products?
6. Look at the product labelling, does the manufacturer follow the legal requirements of the jurisdiction? Ingredients must be listed in a certain way depending on geographical locations.
7. Does the label match what is in the bottle right up to the expiry date? Stability studies are very important to ensure horses are receiving correct levels.
8. Look at the quality of packaging and labelling, if cost savings are being made here, you can be sure they are being made with the raw ingredients. Look for quality over price every time.
TRM® is Europe’s largest manufacturer and distributor of Nutritional Feed Supplements and General Healthcare products for Horses, based in Co Kildare, Ireland. To ensure the longevity and reputation of all our products, TRM® manufacture under an EU manufacturing licence, using quality assured ingredients. TRM® incorporates a full time Quality Assurance Department which implements rigorous protocol and HACCP systems throughout the production process.
In addition, TRM® has been accredited with the highest international standard for the manufacture of feed – namely GMP+(Good Manufacturing Process).
TRM® have an extensive research team and utilise the services of leading experts in the field of pharmaceutical science, formulation development, operation systems, microbiology, chemistry, equine science, equine exercise physiology, equine nutrition and statistics.
All our customers are welcomed to avail of this expert advice at any stage regardless if you are a leisure horse owner, training a team of horses or producing young stock for the future.
𝗧𝗥𝗠® 𝗘𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗡𝘂𝘁𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 - 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗵 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗲
TRM® supplements are designed to maximise horses’ performance by targeting and supporting their nutritional & athletic needs.
Support your horse’s daily training needs with tonics, boosters, gastric support, or hoof growth supplements.
For show days or heavy training days, look at TRM® electrolytes or calming supplements, as well as clay-based poultices for cold, tight legs.
Your horse can always feel his best so that you can perform at your best for your next event.